- 4 avocados
- 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 chopped Jalapeño OR 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper OR 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 minced jalapeño OR 2 minced serrano chiles OR 2 tablespoon minced of any chile pepper like (adjust for spiciness)
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out one avocado with a large spoon and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the Pico de Gallo, garlic, oil, jalapeño, salt, red pepper, and black pepper, mashing and tossing the avocado pieces until thoroughly mixed.
- Then scoop out the other avocados and gently mix and toss in the larger pieces.
- The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
We encourage you support local Dorchester businesses for the recipe ingredients that are not available at the Dorchester Winter Farmers Market.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Guacamole“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.